Contra-Indications for Tattoo Removal
- Hypersensitivity to light in the near infrared wavelength region.
- Taking medication which is known to increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Seizure disorders triggered by light.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Take or have taken oral isotretinoin within the last six months.
- Active localized or systemic infection, or an open wound in area being treated.
- Systemic illness or an illness localized in area being treated.
- Have common acquired nevi that are predisposed to the development of malignant melanoma.
- Herpes simplex in the area being treated.
- Are receiving or have received gold treatment.